Skybok Films in Atlanta
Skybok produced a video showcase of the International Rotary Convention held in Atlanta, Georgia. We’ll soon be writing about our trip to the last one in Hamburg, Germany (2019).
As far as Atlanta goes, I absolutely loved the city! Especially the Margaret Mitchell House – Margaret Mitchell was the author of “Gone With The Wind”!
Fast Facts About Atlanta
1. Atlanta is one of two cities in the world to have housed two Nobel Peace Prize winners.
2. Atlanta has the second-most shopping center space in the U.S.
3. It’s the home of Coca-Cola (where Coke was first invented!)
4. It’s the home of “Margaret Mitchell House” – where author of “Gone With The Wind” Margaret Mitchell wrote the famous novel!
5. It’s the home of CNN headquarters
4. Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is the busiest in the world.
5. Julia Roberts was born in Georgia – Smyrna in fact.
6. The Continental Divide out west gets all the love, but Atlanta is home to the Eastern Continental Divide, which separates water draining into the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic.
I recommend booking with ExploreTrip.com to get your best rate for a flight – especially now for the summer as a surprise for your family or a loved one (not necessarily to Atlanta, hehe!) and Trivago to get the best deals on hotels when you are there – click to check out Trivago Home.
Planning for an international trip? With ExploreTrip deep discounted International Flights you can save big on your travel. Hurry, few seats are left.
The Convention was host to 40,000 Rotarians from around the world.