We all love Santa Claus for his kind gift giving, right? Learn about the history of him and the Christmas tradition of Santa by watching the video below! Then, head on over to our Instagram and let us know what cool facts you learned on our most recent post, here!
Wondering what to get a special little dude in your life for Christmas? Look no further! Check out the video below to see what Skybok ranked as the top three gifts to purchase for boys in 2019! Follow our instagram, here, to see our upcoming Toys for Girls video.
Boulder is a city at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, in northern Colorado. To the west, the trail-lined Flatirons are craggy rock formations overlooking the city. Downtown’s pedestrian Pearl Street Mall includes art galleries, cafes, restaurants and boutiques. The University of Colorado Boulder campus is home to the Fiske Planetarium and the Museum of Natural History, with zoology and anthropology exhibits.
Skybok recently shot “The Swan House” in Atlanta, Georgia – Wow! What a remarkable testiment to history. The Atlanta Historical Society aquired the house in 1966 and has made the experience for visitors exceptionally interactive, with actors portraying the characters who once lived in this iconic home.
Fun Facts About Swan House
- The house is an example of a classic 1928 mansion
- It was built at the end of the jazz age
- It was built by a noted architect, Philip T. Shutze, who designed Swan House and its gardens, as well as many other important buildings in the city of Atlanta
- It lies in Atlanta’s “Buckhead” neighbourhood
- It is part of the Atlanta History Centre
- It was a filming location for “The Hunger Games”
- Its original owners Edward and Emily Inman. The Inmans had accumulated wealth from cotton brokerage and investments on transportation, banking and real estate
- The house combines Renaissance revival styles with a Classical approach on the main facade
- Edward Inman died in 1931, but Emily collected her family into the house and lived there until 1965. The house and grounds were acquired by the Atlanta Historical Society in 1966. See the Atlanta History Center’s website at: http://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/
- Many of the furnishings are the Inmans’ original furnishings
Skybok recently filmed the video profile of a new brewery in Fredericksburg, Texas. Altstadt Brewery also wanted videos on both the history of the German “Purity Laws” also known as the “The Reinheitsgebot” according to which they brew their beer, and an explainer video on the difference between Lager +Kölsch. Altstadt has a growing community on Facebook + Twitter, where the videos have been well-received by patrons. The videos are also up on Skybok’s YouTube Channel here. Skybok did some great shoots of the facility, and took some candid photos of the six packs amidst the iconic wildflowers of the Texan Hill Country. Camera: Canon Rebel T5 + iPhone 7 Plus with Depth Effect.
Bo Scaife, former American football tight end, came to Austin to give motivational talks to a couple of high schools. He wanted Skybok to film these motivational showcases for use across his digital platforms. Here are some behind-the-scenes photos! Alos, if you’re a Pinterest fan, check out these ideas for nice shots when filming scenes involving crowds.
Below, a video FOX7 did with Bo.
One of Skybok’s new clients, Pepper Pastor, is a New York native famous for her hair styling skills – boasting celebrity clients such as Levis, Cadillac, Pony, Terry Richardson, Converse, Alice & Olivia, Redbull + more. She wanted us to create video profiles showcasing her client testimonials, as well as the start of a new video web series where she shares creative tips. Skybok also did a great photoshoot of Pepper, which you can see on her Facebook channel here.